What Sets Us Apart
Going to a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon means that your oral surgeon has completed and passed a rigorous evaluation and testing process pertaining to all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery requires up to 6 additional years of hospital based surgical and anesthesia training. Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons are the only surgeons in the country who are required to learn general anesthesia techniques as part of their residency training program. As oral, facial, and cosmetic surgeons, our doctors practice a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from cosmetic facial surgery to corrective jaw surgery and wisdom tooth removal. This includes the treatment of facial pain, facial injuries and TMJ disorders, and performing a full range of dental implant procedures.
Treatments & Procedures
Here at Glendale Surgical Associates, our team of board-certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons are trained to perform the following treatments and procedures:
- Dental extractions.
- Dental implant placement.
- Treatment and repair of injuries to the face, jaws, mouth and teeth caused by trauma.
- Diagnosis and treatment of infections in the maxillofacial region.
- Reconstructive surgery to address hard and soft tissue injuries in the upper and/or lower jaws resulting from injury or trauma, tumor surgery or long-term denture wear.
- Surgical correction of oral and facial deformities caused by differences in skeletal growth between the upper and lower jaws; and congenital deformities like cleft lip and palate, which occur when all or a portion of the oral-nasal cavity does not grow together during fetal development.